If you are writing a literary analysis on Paul Celan and his lyric poetry, consider these facts below:
- Paul Celan was a German-speaking Romanian of Jewish descent whose original last name of “Ancel” was altered into “Celan” for his pen name. After studying medicine in Paris he returned to Romania right as the Second World War took hold. During this time he worked in a labor camp while both of his parents were killed in a concentration camp. He escaped and lived in Vienna and Bucharest before he moved back to Paris. Familiar with six languages and fluent in three of them, he learned German and studied literature after the war. This skill-set enabled him to earn money as a translator. During his work as a translator he translated the works of such people as Emily Dickinson and Robert Frost.
- The poet lived in France but wrote his poems in German. The first collection of poems was published in 1948 in Vienna and the second, in 1952. Both collections brought a great deal of popularity to the poet whose work captured the dangerous union between visceral human memories, sensual music, and intoxicating stanzas. Perhaps one of the poems for which he is most well-known is that of “Death Fugue” which is a sonic and dactylic poem spoken by concentration camp inmates.
- The poet is well regarded for his writing in German, which was his mother tongue, but was also the language of the people responsible for shooting and killing his mother. As a survivor living in France, the feelings that the poet harbored of estrangement from German was what influenced his creation of his own version of the language, a dismantled and re-welded version. It is with this transformation of language that he wrote dark poems which explored the experiences he lived.
- The poet has received multiple accolades for his work including the 1958 reception of the Bremen Prize for his German literature contributions and the 1960 reception of the Georg Buchner Prize. In spite of his success, the poet suffered heavily from depression his entire life and in 1970 took his own life.
- In 1942, Paul had gone into hiding even though his two parents decided to remain at home and risk being found by the Nazis. Leaving his parents alone, he temporarily escaped being caught by the Nazis and did escape the horrors of the same concentration camp where his parents were deported and later executed.
- The poet has unarguable linguistic difficulties which actually posed a challenge for translators. The German language created by the poet is distant from the classical German language of old literature and that of the modern spoken German today. In fact the poet often created his own vocabulary, something more easily done in German where the prefixes and postfixes of the language and the very literal vocabulary in existence, technical and often based on Greek and Latin roots. The basis of the German language in this matter allowed the new composites to form multiple layers similar to commonly heard expressions. The phrase “hauchdunn” in German means “paper thin” which is a phrase already commonly used, but a creation used by the poet is that of “rauchdunn” which is “smoke thin”.
- The word “beamwind” contained in the work of the artist is a word meant to express a powerful cleaning of poetry, a cleaning which gets ride of any false claims made by people who are faking their experiences. This term is what gave rise to another similar word, that of “noem” which is meant to be a compilation of “not” and “poem”, something which expresses those poems which are not actually poems or at least the content of which is not real. As part of this, the poet creates a pun which is not translatable, that of “meingedicht”. “Mein” is “my” and “gedicht” is “poem” in German, and from this, the term “meineid” which is a false oath and “meinung” which is a personal opinion. The poetry of the writer thus creates the term “beamwind” as a geological term to refer to the wind based erosion of the false stories of others.
- The poet was dissatisfied with the modern poets of the time, and he published his “widerrufe” as a way of disavowing the poets of tradition, those poets whom he did not approve of. It is because of this that he has been deemed a language poet because of the way in which he uses his languages to shape his thoughts, especially in the poem entitled “Wordcaves”.
- His poem “Wordcaves” is a poem which serves to tell the reader how the poet wants to be defined and read. It tells the reader how the poet moved from surrealist writing styles and focused solely on language as a way to chart reality and to say complex things which are challenging to hear in a contemporary fashion. The poems used to make this point fail to conform to the traditionally recognizable modes of poetry such as symbolism and rhyme and avoid the popularly accepted poetic markers that so many people learn as a means of recognizing poetry. It is because of this that the poet’s work evolved in a processual fashion and not a procedural fashion. In the poem “Wordcaves” the poet suggests that his work of poetry must present the words themselves as a cave, with internal complexities and crevasses. He uses words which paint pictures of prehistoric scenes, so as to afford a multitude of perspectives to his work.
- Rather than focus on the creation of poems which are entertaining, use rhythmic patterns, celebrate minor pleasures and humanity, and use eloquent language, this poet uses carefully constructed stanzas to demonstrate the sadness of life, to offer nostalgia and retrospection. The poetry crafted by the poet celebrate all manner of topics by way of direct language and metaphysical imagery. Using directness and shortness, the readers gain a sense of intricate imagery tied with deep meaning. The use of direct language allows the poet to display individualist personalities of his works.
If you are tasked with writing an analytical essay on urban economics, consider the eleven facts below:…
If you need some facts to use in your next writing assignment on cost and management accounting reporting systems, consider the twelve facts below:
- Managerial accounting caters for the requirements of managers to internal reporting and related decision-making. Managers have to plan, organize and control the matters of entity. For this, managerial accounting helps the managers to come to sound business decisions. Management may have their own way dealing with matters internally, but GAAP requirements are to be followed. There is, however, a choice to account for a certain event. For example, either product development cost can be capitalized or it can be deduced from income. Once a choice has been made, it should be the basis of decision for any future reference.
- Well-established information system is needed in case of both financial as well as managerial accounting. Information technology has changed the working methodologies for business entities. Nowadays, accountant’s work is beyond the common book-keeping principles. The quality information system plays a key role in that regard.
- Accounting data is not always absolute in nature. There are certain judgment to be done while reporting any event. Certain accounting treatments require of you to make judgments which are important for business. Along with judgments, estimations are also a part and parcel of the working. Many limitations are there in connection to the estimation of certain event or transaction. Present values of future incomes are calculated to estimate the current financial position of the entity. Provisions require estimations of the cost to be included in expenses and what amount to be charged or written off. Making estimates is a routine activity in connection to financial reporting.
- Two cost methods, historical and fair value are used alternatively. Value of land does not fluctuate much according to accounting estimates, so it follows a historical cost method. In this method, cost related to an event or transaction done in the past. The purchase price of land is accounted for in the financial information of the company.
- A fair value cost method is also applied by entities. Assets are reported in the financial statements at a price which they can fetch in the open market. Valuations are made at regular intervals to come to a standard price prevalent in the open market. The fair market is the price that can be fetched in the open market in the transaction between parties that are not related. Fair value is best suited to assets whose price fluctuates on a regular basis.
- There is no set rule as to the usage of either historical or fair value cost method. Standards provide for illustrations that should be looked into. Best accounting practices are those that are coherent with accounting standards and apply standards prudently. It also depends on the nature of certain events to decide which cost method to go for.
- An accountant has to deal with many complex issues. Relevance related to the fair value cost method and reliability factor of historical cost method is to be traded off. Choice has to be made between the two keeping in mind the standards and normal business practices. An accountant has to be skilled enough to decide on the correct valuation method.
- The job of an accountant is not restricted to a set pattern of methodology. Many areas of specialty are there. Accountants that prefer public accounting provide tax and consultancy services. These services have to be licensed. In the US, each state issues a license to individuals known as CPA, Certified Chartered Accountant. Auditing is the examination of accounts of companies and investigating whether the accounts are in coherence with the rules and regulations set by standards. An auditor concerned with the accounts of a company prepares independent and appropriate report. Tax services provided by an accountant include filling of returns and legal provisions related thereof. Consultancy services do not have a set work plan as these vary according to the requirements of the client.
- Many accountants enjoy private employment in various industries. Various profit and non-profit entities require services of accountants dealing with certain areas of expertise. Accountants hold areas related to costing, budgeting, investment and pricing. Internal auditors are given the responsibility of internal controls, and they work according to the policies defined by managers. These auditors check for relevancy of every account and are responsible for internal controls. Such auditors can enjoy the occupation of tax accountants, managers etc.
- Many accountants work in public sector as well. They serve in public departments in the area of their expertise. Government offices such as SECP, FBI, Internal Revenue Offices and many more take the services of professional accountants.
- Financial information has to be accurate owing to the fact that investors and creditors make decisions to grant loans by looking at the financial information. Reliability and accurateness of financial reports, which forms the basis of ethics of accounting and reporting, are important. Financial reports should depict true and fair view of the scenario and proceedings of the business. Certain code of ethics is to be followed by auditors for both internal and external auditors. Such ethics is to be followed during the process of audit. People intending to pursue the field of accountancy should be able to apply ethics, code of manner and integrity. Accountants are respected, and they are expected to prepare financial reports in accordance with the set rules and procedure defined by accounting bodies.
- Managers have a key role towards the development of the business. They keep an eye on financial information that helps them to make conclusive decisions. Investors are interested to know the dividends, which are, of course, the appropriation and distribution of profits. Shareholders are entitled to dividends, which are mostly declared annually. Creditors look at the financial position of the entity before granting loan. This is to satisfy themselves if the entity would be able to repay the loan or not. This is done by considering the entity’s position in the short run by means of estimation. Analysts, on the other hand, use financial data to make crucial financial decisions. Employees also check the financial information of the company, so that they can have a peace of mind in connection to their job, as profitable company or business can make the career grow. Tax departments need to have access to accurate financial information so that they can tax the company or business accordingly. Financial information caters the requirements of all parties that have an interest in the business.
If you are writing an analytical essay on forensic anthropology, there are many things that might constitute a great thesis or even sufficient evidence to substantiate a claim made in your thesis.
Having a list of facts can be quite helpful in your brainstorming efforts.
Below is a list of facts that you can turn to for your writing:…
Writing an analytical essay on forensic anthropology is made much easier when you have a list of topics from which to choose.
That is why below you will find 20 topics that you might consider using:
- Buccal Swabs for Profiling from the Insides of the Cheeks
- Rifling as the Most Distinctive and Unique Identification
- Fibres Not Belonging to a Victim as a Possible Information about the Assailant
- Criminal Profiling: How to Establish the Criminal’s Behavioural Traits
- Locations of the Crime: What Can They Tell Us?
- The Importance of the Crime Scene
- Expert Blood Pattern Analyst: Who Is This Person and How They Can Help?
- O.C.O: Information about the Tyre Tracks
- What Footprints from the Crime Scene Can Tell Us
- The Comparison of Soils in Forensic Anthropology
- Where Do Experts Get Trace Evidence?
- Isotopic Analysis of Hair: a Scientific Method of Analysing the Composition of Atoms within Substances.
- Insects as One of the Quickest Agents of Decomposition
- Tell-Tale Signs of Asphyxiation
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR): how to produce a DNA profile of the assailant
- Blunt Force Trauma: How Is It Identified?
- Perforating and Penetrating Traumas
- Adenosine Triphosphate Burnt off by Electricity (Effects)
- The Difficulties of the Deliberate Death Caused by Forced Drowning
- Rigor Mortis as the Determiner of the Person’s Death
Aren’t those topics interesting? But that’s not all: flick through the facts that we’ve gathered for this kind of essays and upgrade your writing skills with useful tips on how to write an analytical essay.
Below is a sample essay using one of the topics above:…