Knowing how to write a statistical report on psychology studies is very important especially when you are soon to complete a psychology study on your own. Part of the reason it is imperative that you understand the different aspects contained in a statistical report is so that you can use psychology studies in the future not only as references but as a potential career possibility. In order to study psychology in school you will be required to complete psychology studies yourself. Knowing the general layout is important.
So what is included in a statistical report on psychology studies?
Well the first thing you need is a great topic. This topic has to be something that isn’t explored yet. You have to be able to add something new to psychology. Some people might explore how children enrolled in private school do better compared to children enrolled in public school. But you might want to take that apart and see if they do better because they have fewer problems at home or because parents are more involved or perhaps because the different socioeconomic status compared between public school and private school affords children greater access to resources.
- One key aspect to any psychology study is to not only have the hypothesis, but the way you will test that hypothesis.
- You have to present a literature review where you explain to the reader what reports and studies which relate to your topic have already been completed, and how your topic is different from everything else already published.
- Once this is done you have to explain the message you used, the participants, the materials, and what you did.
- Once you gather your results you have to share them using a statistical analysis and then have a discussion about what your results mean to the bigger picture.
It is important to note that:
- In order to make it a statistical report you have to be able to quantify your results.
- In order for your results to be quantified you need to work with numbers.
- In order to work with numbers you need to set up a quantitative methodology.
- In order to use quantitative methodology you need to create a way to test your theory using numbers.
If you want to determine whether students perform better taking tests with music playing in the background versus no music playing in the background a quantitative methodology would compare two different groups of students, those with music in the background and those without, and compare the average test score. It might also compare how long it took to complete the score. A more qualitative examination would review perhaps the emotional state or anxiety levels of students in the room with music versus the room without music.
Statistical analysis is necessary to look over the results and compare the data. There are specific programs designed to help analyze data, especially large amounts of data in an automatic fashion. Using t-tests or ANOVA tests, or simply searching for medians or statistical averages can be used to present the results of your study.
Different statistical analyses are reserved for different types of statistical reports on psychology studies.
This was our complete guide on how to write a statistical analysis on psychology studies. You will also benefit from our 10 facts on psychology studies for statistical as well as 20 narrow subtopics that you can explore and 1 sample essay. So be sure to check them.