When you are looking for some top notch topics appropriate for your next exploratory paper, there are many ideas which are viable candidates. But the list is so comprehensive, in fact, that it can seem overwhelming for students trying to narrow down a single topic.
That said, below is a list of 20 great exploratory essay topics which might be of use to you in your paper:…
If you are tasked with writing an exploratory essay on the Nacirema culture, then your job is to ensure you have facts to substantiate the problem and solution you are defining for the audience. In order to do that well, you should review the list of facts below which might be of use to you in your writing.
Remember that this list is not comprehensive by any stretch, but it will serve you well as a jumping off point for your research efforts:…
Deductive essay writing is a form of essay writing which evaluates your knowledge of concepts. When writing such an essay, your piece must be based on the idea that a single concept in the form of a set of circumstances or a single concept in the form of different premises can be used from which to draw a reasonable assumption about what the current state of that situation is (for your deductive essay you can select a great topic by flicking trough the list based on “Finding Orwell in Burma” by E. Larkin). This is, essentially, a type of puzzle that has to be solved by the reader by giving them enough information.
If your goal in the work is to show that the Burmese government committed human rights violations, you would want to take individual factors about the actions of the Burmese government and present them to the reader so that the reader can weigh each individual factor and their knowledge about each factor as an individual set of events or actions, then add the group of events or actions together, and from that, find a conclusion. The use of surveillance, torture, imprisonment, and death might be separate events or acts which the reader uses to conclude that the human rights violations took place. …
If you are looking for viable deductive essay topics about the book “Finding George Orwell in Burma” then consider the twenty items below:
- The Many Tools Used by the Burmese Government to Control Their People
- The Most Important Tool Being That of Fear
- How the Military Intelligence Functions as One of the Tools Used by the Government
- How Local People Worked as Informers for Military Intelligence Spies
- How Burmese Government Controlled History by Changing Names and Buildings
- How Fear of Imprisonment or Torture Kept People from Considering Uprisings
- How British Names Were Removed And Physical Location Names Changed after 1988 Uprising
- How People Who Were Murdered by the Government Were Immediately Disposed of and The Blood on The Streets Was Washed Away
- How the Government Could Alleviate Risk of Any Future Generations Being Motivated by the Uprisings or Actions of Others
- How the Government Had Sensors in Magazines, Books, Music, and Movies through the Propaganda Branch
- How the Propaganda Branch Produced Pre-Approved Content for Magazines and Newspapers as Well as Educational Products for Schools
- How Free Thought Was Stifled through Limiting What People Could Read or Think
- How Foreign Journalists and Writers Were Not Allowed into the Country and People with Cameras or Notepads Would Be Searched by the Police
- How the Government Can Delete Anything Found on Cameras Brought into the Country And Sentence Anyone Who Helps Journalists to Death
- How the Emergency Provisions Act of 1950 Allowed Government to Sentence Citizens to Seven Years in Prison for Providing Information to Journalists
- Panopticon: a Term from George Orwell’s Writing Which Is at the Center of This Form of Surveillance
- How Words from George Orwell Like “Room 101” And “Newspeak” Are Represented in This Book
- How Methods of Surveillance in This Book Are Used Today in a Country Of Your Choosing
- How George Orwell’s Predictions Have Come to Pass by Way of Fear and Control over Communication
- How the Country Has Changed With Recent Elections
If you are looking for facts on Emma Larkin’s “Finding George Orwell in Burma” so as to write a deductive essay, there are a handful of great facts from the book which pertain to the book to help you in your writing.
These ten facts can prove most useful in helping you to support the claims you might be making in your next essay:…
Cause and effect essays are a common writing task for students, one which forces students to often review either a cause or an effect, and not necessarily both in the same paper.
1) Writing about a Cause
If you are assigned, or opt personally, to write about a cause, your goal is to present what lies at the foundation or start of something. If you are writing about discrimination, then the cause of the discrimination would be anything that begets it, anything that is responsible for its start. This can be cultural differences, immaturity among school children or young children, a lack of knowledge or ignorance about another culture, feelings of inferiority, competition in the classroom or workplace, or even racial tendencies that were taught by parents or by specific aspects of culture like movies or books. You can select a good cause from the list of topics on Chinese students’ discrimination….
New students who come to America either for a full scholarship or even a partial study abroad program face many forms of discrimination in the classroom and outside the classroom.
Below are some topics on the subject matter to help you select a cause and effect essay topic for your next assignment:
- How Some Chinese Students Who Do Not Read or Write in English at Fluent Levels Are Unable to Properly Understand Any Forms They Are Required to Fill out, often Resulting in Misunderstandings about Things such as School Policy or Legal Matters
- How Chinese Students Do Not Receive Interpreters and May Be at a Disadvantage in terms of Medicinal Treatment They Need while Attending School in the United States
- How Chinese Students Face Barriers in Their Belief System
- How Chinese Students Might Find It Difficult to Find the Medical Attention They Require
- How Chinese Students Are Mocked by Other Subgroups in the Classroom
- Racial Slurs and Racial Discrimination Chinese Students Face in and out of the Classroom
- Discrimination against Chinese Students in the Food Available through Student Food Programs and on Campus
- Discrimination against Chinese Students in the Sports and Athletic Options Available to Students, such as Football and Soccer but Not Thai Chi or Kickbo or Yoga
- Discrimination against Chinese Students in the Form of Ignorant Comments and Questions
- Discrimination against Chinese Students by the Government or Authority Figures Who May be Suspicious That the Student Is Conducting Cyber Warfare
- Discrimination against Chinese Students after They Complete Their Education, by Not Allowing Them to Get Jobs in and Remain in the United States, Forcing Them to Return Home with All of the Knowledge They Learned for Free in America
- Discrimination against Chinese Students in terms of Housing, Whereby Many Are Placed with Other Study-Abroad or International Students, often from Conflicting Cultures as a Way to Force Immersion
- How Chinese Students Face Social Differences without Any Guide of Proper Behaviors, Turns of Phrase, and Demeanors in America
- How Chinese Students Might Be Unaware of Proper Greetings or How to Use Body Language and Physical Contact
- How Chinese the Fact that Students Might Not Understand Colloquialisms and Proper English Taught in Schools May Be Grounds for Mocking
- How Chinese Students May Be Limited in Their Transportation Abilities
- How Chinese Students Face Discrimination in terms of The Classes They Can Take, often Only Allowed to Select from a Predetermined List for International Students
- How Chinese Students Face Discrimination by Teachers and Administrators Who May Have Cultural Conflicts.
- How Chinese Students Face Discrimination by Military Personnel Who May Be Biased because of the Cyber Warfare with China
- How Chinese Students Face Discrimination in terms of the Language and Terms Used by Culturally Centric People Which Might be Offensive to Someone of Chinese Background
If you are writing a cause and effect essay on Chinese students’ discrimination in the United States, there are many facts that you might want to consider integrating into your work. Below is a short list of some recent developments, based on many scientific journals and studies. These might be of use to anyone who needs to include useful information into their existing content, or who is searching for another argument to include in an existing paper:…
Writing a research essay is a more scientific rather than creative task, one which you will be assigned many times throughout the duration of your academic career. This type of writing is one which forces you to focus your efforts on the following:
1) Narrow down a Topic
The topic you select has to be something that you can cover in the span of pages or word count allotted to you. This is one of the most challenging items for students, as often the first topic selected is too broad. You cannot, for example, write about “the differences between Hmong and western medicine” in five pages; people have written books hundreds and thousands of pages in length and still not covered everything in this topic. You would instead, have to narrow it down to one aspect of medicine, or one area of conflict, such as the treatment of an infection with antibiotics versus herbal teas, or how effective some herbal remedies are to traditional ailments, even though they are not always sponsored by western doctors.
Note: You should search for something that is interesting to you if you can. The more passionate you are about the topic, the more that passion will flow through your work and the more your teacher will notice. Scan the topics we suggest, maybe you’ll find something you’ll write about….
When you are in search of great anthropology topics that you can use for your next paper, there are many items from which to choose.
The list below should serve as a bank of potential research essay topics that might be useful for your next writing assignment:
- Why Ethnographic Studies Are a Primary Method for Gathering Research Used Prevalently since 1928
- How Religious Diversity in Middle Eastern Villages Differs from African Villages
- How Gender Differences in Middle Eastern Villages Differ from African Villages
- How Ethnographies Are Viable Teaching Tools Designed to Integrate People in Another Community
- The Comparison of Cross Cultural Concepts between Two Cultures of Your Choice
- The Similarities between South Korean and American Hip Hop
- The Immigration Patterns in South American from Cities
- What Role Agriculture Has Played on Social Relationships between Different Towns in Egypt
- Non-Conformist Sub-Cultures such as Star Trek Fans or Porn Stars
- Work Completed by Non-Field Workers and Whether Their Ethnographic Contributions Are Valid Scientific Studies
- How Alternative Women’s Roles and Gender Rights Can Be Historical in One Culture, a Thing of Ancient Past, But Current and Well-Accepted in Another
- Human Rights in America versus China and How They Differ
- How People View Other Cultures through a Lens of Their Own Culture and What Problems This Can Cause
- How Anger or Pity toward “Others” Is an Easier Emotion than Empathy
- Cultural Shifts Which Have Happened since President Obama Was Elected
- The Trends That Take Place after Key Historical Moments, such as How When Famous Television Shows End, People Will Become Depressed and Will Make Emotionally Driven Decisions to Sell Their Stock
- The Cultural Limitations Which Exist between Hmong Patients and Western Doctors
- The Anthropological Issues between Eastern Healers and Western Biomedicine
- The Ethical Problems Which Arise When Parents Refuse to Consent to Necessary Medical Interventions or Surgeries for Their Child Because of Cultural Limitations, Without Which the Child Will Likely Die
- The Power of Hand Gestures and Facial Expressions in Overcoming Cultural Barriers and Language Differences