Everybody thinks about the Middle Ages like about the time of tortures and fire. And that’s a pretty correct insight for a historical period when people got burned at the stake just because they were beautiful (thus, practiced witchcraft – obvious, isn’t it?) or believed in science more than in God.
was the first scientist from Europe to describe correctly the blood circulation between the lungs and heart. Can you guess how he was rewarded for that? Right – the church called him a heretic and burned him with a “purifying” fire. And what about who supported the theory that the Earth was not the center of the universe? Did the church spare his life? Nope, after 7 years in prison, the Pope decided that it was time to burn the heretic. Quite a period to make discoveries, isn’t it?
But you live in a completely different world where sciences are being respected and developed, and the access to information is (almost) limitless. So, let’s have a look at 20 MLA research paper topics that you can easily explore today, but could have been burned for in the Middle Ages.
- The Foundations and Logic of Mathematics (Famous Greek female scientist, , was burned for promoting mathematical ideas in 415 C.E.)
- The Model Math Theory for Formal Languages
- Poker and Math – the Fundamental Theorem That Explains the Best Decisions in the Game
- Stereometry – How Mathematical Science Shapes the Space
- Distant Solar Systems and the Possibility of Life on Other Planets (Remember Giordano Bruno? Poor guy just predicted the direction of cosmological theories, and got brutally killed for his vision.)
- The Actual Difference between Asteroids and Planets
- The Big Bang Theory and Philosophical Questions It Raises
- The Origins of the Moon: the Most Likely Theories
- Dark Energy and What We Know about It
- Multiple Translations of the Bible and the Analyses of the Differences ( was a famous linguist who created the English translation of the Bible which was pronounced a heresy. In 1536 he was punished for that at stake.)
- Notions That Has Been Changed Through the Years of Translating the Bible
- Contact Linguistics: Knowing Two and More Languages
- Language and Cognition in Terms of Linguistics
- The Connection between Pulmonary Cycle and Bronchial Circulation (The contribution of Michael Servetus to blood circulation studies will never be overestimated.)
- Stem Cells Research: Pros and Cons
- Correct Diet as the Main Tool to Avoid Cancer
- Antibiotic Resistance as the Next Health Global Problem
- Genetic Predisposition to Heart Diseases and Ways to Eliminate It
- The Role of Robotics in Medicine
- Did Humans emerge to Eat Meat and Drink Milk?
No matter how interesting the topics sound to you, you would have been punished if you had chosen to explore them in the medieval times. Though, if you had confessed your sings, the prosecutors would be more merciful and strangle you before burning. Sorry for the awful details, but that’s the cruel reality, so cheer up! Now you can study whatever you want without any consequences.